Looking for a child-care program that meets a child’s needs?
ages 1.3 - 3
Monday - Friday PT 7:15am - 2:30pm and FT 7:15am - 5:45pm
The daily activities are based on weekly themes which begin to focus on social & developmental readiness skills. Daily activities include letter recognition, letter sound, and fine motor strengthening. Our semi-annual assessment tools support each child's cognitive as well as growth and development. Using our assessment CEC can provide supporting documentation for future recommendations and referrals when needed.
In Children’s Enrichment Ready to Learn Preschool program, the academic focus becomes more evident and clearly defined. Children engage in and learn about, targeted subjects through active participation in:
- Language Development and Awareness
- Math and Science discovery through hands-on activities
- Dramatic play including theater
- Computer activities to support learning
- Storytelling and daily discussion
- Hands-on projects with various art mediums
- Spanish through songs and activities
The preschool years are a time when children begin to develop a keen understanding of themselves and a heightened awareness of the world around them. CEC offers a preschool curriculum that provides numerous opportunities for children to demonstrate and practice their decision-making and self-help skills in a safe, supportive environment.
ages 3.0 - 4.9
Monday - Friday PT 7:15am - 2:30pm and FT 7:15am - 5:45pm
Children four and five years old are preparing for the critical transition from preschool to kindergarten. CEC offers a pre-kindergarten program that will ready your child for the academic and social challenges of a primary school environment.
Our pre-kindergarten readiness activities are designed to develop each child academically, socially and emotionally and create a foundation of skills upon which all future learning is built. Additionally, our classroom's language-rich environments support the development of critical literacy skills and emergent reading starting them on their way to reading independently.
Comprehensive in its scope, our Pre-Kindergarten curriculum focuses on developing and reinforcing skills in the following areas:
- Reading and language development (word phrases, word building)
- Writing and penmanship skills (development of fine motor skills)
- Math Readiness (numbers, shapes, positions continued from Preschool)
- Social and emotional development needed for peer relations
- Creativity and imagination as individuals
- Basic Technology (computer skills)
The CEC Pre-Kindergarten program helps your child transition into primary school with new confidence, enthusiasm, and a strong foundation for learning.
ages 4.6 starting September
Monday - Friday 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Transitional Kindergarten 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Kindergarten Extended (EXT) Care before 8:30 am & after 2:30 pm - 5:45pm
The transitional Kindergarten curriculum promotes the highest academic standards while encouraging creativity and the development of strong literacy skills and a sense of character.
Our program maintains small class sizes so teachers can provide students with individualized attention, allowing them to grow and learn at their own pace. The curriculum while following, state guidelines, includes the use of nationally recognized reading materials in its weekly lesson plans which are active-based and designed to give students the opportunity to learn through exploration, communication, and enrichment activities.
"Our goal is to help children develop a love for reading and become lifelong learners with positive attitudes of themselves and others."
CEC kindergarten teachers understand that these are the impressionable years for children and work closely with children so they develop the confidence to succeed in school. CEC lays a solid foundation in mastering basic reading and math skills needed to enter first grade. Children are also given the tools necessary to meet the social challenges of school through the CEC Character Building program offered as a regular part of our curriculum.
After School Enrichment
1st -3rd grade: available through Before and After School Enrichment until 5:45 PM
For today's busy parents, finding a safe, enriching environment where children can spend time before or after school is a significant concern. At CEC, we understand your needs and offer convenient options through our before-and after-school program to extend the learning that takes place during the school day. The after-school programs offer a variety of activities that promote life skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, creativity, leadership, sportsmanship, and community service.
The CEC After School program operates from the time school is dismissed until 5:45 p.m.
- CEC After School program is open Monday through Friday unless otherwise specified on the CEC calendar.
- CEC will operate when school closes for early dismissal and has delayed openings unless otherwise noted on the CEC calendar. *Note - Early dismissal and openings during school closings do not include an additional fee on that day unless posted or stated by the Director.
- THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO PRESCHOOL.
- CEC will not be open on snow emergency days (state of emergency) in accordance with the town and state policies. Announcements of state emergency closings can be heard on local radio and TV broadcasts. We will provide extended care on delay school openings, if this is your child's daily morning drop off.
After School Program Daily Schedule and Description
The After School Program is an academic and cultural enrichment program that incorporates a theme-based curriculum. Children work in small groups consisting of thirteen or fewer children. Three days of the week are devoted to the monthly theme topic. One day a week children participate in the writer’s workshop, computer lab, and Spanish club.
Characteristics of Children Served
The Children’s Enrichment Center (CEC) is a toddler/preschool through school-age enrichment learning center for children age 1.3 (fifteen months) to age 9 (3rd grade). CEC through its “studio workshop” concept provides children with an opportunity to focus on the various components of learning, in an intellectually and creatively stimulating environment. It is our belief that every child can learn and deserves an opportunity to explore their creative abilities. Therefore, CEC provides various learning opportunities through language and visual arts.